It is official, blogging is not my thing. Instagram and pushing things through to Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr are more my speed. I will make an effort to post more here, for those still sticking around.
It’s time for a change. I am experimenting with new items for my store, including both crocheted and sewn items. My style has slowly evolved and it is time to reflect that change at Zo-Zo’s Space.
I’ve also been learning ASL and Korean along with my daughter. So if you see some 한국어 단어 floating around here, don’t be alarmed.
Below please enjoy some of the projects I’ve worked on recently. Headed over to Ravelry if you are interested in the specific patterns I’ve used for each project. More info later gators!
Sign up for the Newsletter to receive a 10% off code!
I wanted some hoops, some big hoops. I did not want to spend an entire day crocheting with organic cotton thread and a 1.25mm steel hook.
1. I didn’t have an entire day to devote to crocheting earrings.
2. Zo-Zo decided that my time was her time and she wasn’t interesting in negotiating that decision.
So….Allow me to present to you: “Lazy Woman’s Crochet Hoop Earrings” or “Sweet-Giblets-I-Don’t-Have-Time-For-Anything-Today Crochet Hoop Earrings”. Brought to you by the size H hook😉.
This is NOT a picture tutorial. There was no time for that. I’ve made a few pairs thus far, and still no time for pictures. I would recommend this to someone familiar with crocheting hoop earrings, not to a beginner. Please comment below if you have questions. I will try to get this over to Ravelry at some point, but not right now (do you see the theme? no time). Update: Here’s the Ravelry Link!
These earrings work up quickly and the tails are super easy to sew in (or you can glue them, if that floats your boat)! You can use any worsted weight scrap yarn. I did not measure the exact yarn length I used for this project, my apologies.
The earrings have knobs/bumps on the outside. Make sure you crochet in the opposite direction for each hoop, so that you will have a left earring and a right earring when done.
The Sweet-Giblets-I-Don’t-Have-Time-For-Anything-Today Crochet Hoop Earrings
- 2 – 60mm Hoop Earrings
- H/8 – 5mm Crochet Hook
- Worsted Weight cotton
- Darning Needle to sew in ends OR glue (whichever….I used the needle)
- Start with a Sl St on the hook
- Round 1: 35 sc around hoop, ch4, join with sl st to first sc
- Round 2: sc in same stitch, *ch3, skip st, sc in next* repeat to last sc (18-sc, 17-ch3 spaces)
- Round 3: 3 sc across ch4 from Round 2
- Round 4: *sc3tog the ch3 spaces* repeat 5 times, sc2tog the remaining ch3 spaces, sl st in second sc of previous round.
- Fasten off, weave in ends or glue them down. You *can* add a dab a glue at the top of the earrings to prevent the yarn from moving.
- Repeat for the second hoop –
- Make sure you crochet in the opposite direction for each hoop, so that you will have a left earring and a right earring when done.
- What does “Opposite direction” mean? For one hoop, the earhook should be to the right of as you begin crocheting your Round 1 and for the other hoop the earhook should be to the left as you begin crocheting your Round 1.
- Leave a comment below if confused😉
God Bless the H Hook.
Good morning all!
I am pleased as peaches to announce changes to our shop! We’re offering new items and we have a new model. Allow me to introduce Zo-Zo! She’s mine😉.
We will be offering four different styles of crocheted hats starting October 3rd, 2014. The hats are made with organic cotton yarn, they are soft and absolutely beautiful.
We had the opportunity to work with a wonderful photographer and I am just so excited about the end results. Many, many thanks to Jennifer Zoeller from JT Zoeller Photography! She takes beautiful photographs and she has a great eye. Please visit her site to see more of her work!
We will also offer new hair bow designs, jewelry designs, and crocheted fingerless gloves. Thank you all for your love and support this past year.
Good evening Folks!
I hope you guys are doing well, I’ve been taking a bit of a break and running around town with my little family. We aren’t shopping for presents, we’re just enjoying the ability to run around town😉. It has been wonderful and I want to share my excitement with you all. I love the new necklace designs. They make me want to get dolled up and go somewhere fancy!
I’m giving away a necklace! I have not decided which necklace in particular I will giveaway, but it will be similar to the new designs on Zo-Zo’s Space. Entering is easy, just like my page on Facebook and share the giveaway (go like the coverphoto on Zo-Zo’s Space to “show me” that you’ve shared it). That’s it! Easy peasy, puddin’ pop!
Let the Giveaway begin! Giveaway ends on Friday, December 13th, 11:59PM (CST).
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Zo-Zo’s Space is having a HUGE Holiday Sale. 40% off ALL purchases $40 or more. This is the perfect time to get a little something for the one that you love! The sale begins today! Check it out now!
Hi guys! I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend.
These will be the last of the newest listings for a while. My family is preparing for an excursion, the first in over a year and preparing for that is taking the majority of my waking hours.
You can go to Zo-Zo’s Space to see the newest listings. Also, check out our new website! FYI the search box is inoperable right now, I’m working on it…😉